Enjoy an intensive week as you discover or rediscover mathematical principles, engage in true problem solving with fellow teachers, discuss the complexities of teaching and meeting the needs of students at your grade level, and formulate a plan in which discovery and problem solving can become the foundation of your curriculum.
We expect that teachers who come to the workshop will leave with:
- a deeper understanding of the way children learn math
- more confidence in their own understanding of the discipline and greater instructional flexibility
- increased awareness of the key concepts specific to a grade span
- resources to supplement texts including those designed to meet the needs of a range of learners
- a renewed enthusiasm for the teaching and learning of mathematics
- an excitement about and an understanding of the need to try out new ideas, strategies, and approaches to promote meaningful mathematics instruction